Hunter W. Lundy
- Personal Injury
- Commercial Litigation
- Product Liability
- Oil and Gas Litigation
- Mass Torts
(Environmental and Pharmaceutical)
Mississippi College School of Law, Jackson, Mississippi
J.D. — 1980
Millsaps College, Jackson, Mississippi
B.A. — 1976
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State of Mississippi, 1980
State of Louisiana, 1981
Honors, Awards and Appointments
Top 10 Personal Injury Attorney in Louisiana, 2015
The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, Diplomat 2105
National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Top 1%, 2015
Super Lawyer of Louisiana, 2010 – 2017
Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year, 2015
Litigator Award, Top 1% Lawyers, 2014-2015
Mississippi College Law Review, Editor-in-Chief
American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys “10 Best Attorney”
Guest Speaker at many churches
Hunter Lundy founded the firm over 29 years ago. He is widely recognized as one of the premier personal injury lawyers in Louisiana and the United States. He has had an exceptional record of winning a large variety of cases. Hunter is seen by his peers as “someone that will work harder for his clients than anybody else. He is not afraid to take on the big companies and will not walk away from a fight.”
His principal areas of practice include personal injury, commercial and product liability litigation as well as oil and gas litigation. Hunter has been named one of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 for the past three years and one of the Top 10 Personal Injury Lawyers in Louisiana.
Hunter is driven by his desire to seek justice for individuals who have suffered catastrophic and life-altering events. He has won multi millions of dollars in awards for his clients. His love of God and love of people fuel his drive to help those who cannot help themselves.
Hunter Lundy began his career with a clerkship for Walter L. Nixon, Jr, who was the US District Judge for the Southern District of Mississippi. In 1981 he returned to Lake Charles, Louisiana to practice law and opened the doors of his law firm in 1986. From the beginning, Hunter was a champion for victims of catastrophic events. He continues to advocate for those who need highly skilled representation in benchmark cases.
Cases of note include:
- Marvin Gorman vs. Jimmy Swaggert – After a ten week trial a $10 Million verdict was awarded to Marvin Gorman. Hunter authored a book entitled “Let Us Prey” about the experiences surrounding the trial.
- Major Andrews, et al. vs. Kerr McGee – Represented a neighborhood affected by creosote contamination and obtained a $50,000,000+ settlement.
- Action for Trespass – $10 Million verdict in a case involving an oil well blowout caused by pressure from the defendant’s salt dome cavern leaking into the adjoining oil and gas fault block.
- Copiah County Mississippi – Represented a PCB contaminated neighborhood and reached a $39 Million settlement.
- Intentional Tort and Breach of Contract – Represented a locally owned business in a suit for damages and lost profits as a result of the State of Louisiana’s failure to apply rules and regulations equally to all manufacturers of septic systems resulting in a $7.5 Million verdict.
Law Clerk, Office of Walter L. Nixon, Jr., U.S. District Judge, Southern District of Mississippi, 1979-1981
American Association for Justice
Louisiana Association for Justice
Mississippi Association for Justice
Louisiana State Bar Association
Mississippi Bar Association
Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
Louisiana Bar Foundation
Johnny Minick Ministries, Inc. Board of Directors
Executive Board of Boy Scouts for Calcasieu Parish, LA, Former Member
Board of Trustees of Mississippi College, Former Member
Foundation Board of Christus St. Patrick Hospital, Former Member
National Wildlife Federation’s President Council, Former Member
Professional Speaking Engagements
1st Unity Summit: Preservation of Bill of Rights, March 2014
Guest Speaker on Topics of Environmental Justice and 1st Amendment Rights
- New York University
- Mississippi College School of Law
- Attended Millsaps College on athletic scholarship
- Scholar-Leader-Athlete Award from Mississippi Chapter of the National Football Foundation and Hall of Fame
- Inducted into the Millsaps College Sports Hall of Fame
- Millsaps College Distinguished Athletic Alumni Award